The Cody Holloway Scholarship
The Cody Holloway Scholarship Fund has been generously offered to Deakin by Mr. Dennis and Mrs. Holloway who'd like to assist a female student, for whom tertiary education is fundamental to improving her life circumstances. This scholarship will go towards alleviating some of the costs associated with university living expenses.
Value and duration
Payment up to $5,000 per year
Up to three years
10 October 2016
12 January 2017
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application. To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing in Trimester 1, 2017 as a Deakin undergraduate student enrolled full time (unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study)
- enrolled in a Commonwealth support place
- able to demonstrate financial disadvantage - either that you are in receipt of a Centrelink benefit or have a personal of family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- able to demonstrate you were educated at a public high school in Australia.
You'll be required to write a yearly statement highlighting the impact that receiving this support has had on you personally and on your studies during the year.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process, you'll also be required to provide supporting documentation, such as evidence of your financial hardship.
Your application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and you'll find out whether you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.