The Neilson Foundation Scholarship
Get a head start on your financial planning career. In association with Platinum Asset Management, the Neilson Foundation awards two scholarships each year to Deakin students in their second or third year of a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in financial planning.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $15,000
10 October 2016
12 January 2017 at 5pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled at Deakin University in the Bachelor of Commerce and majoring in Financial Planning in Trimester 1, 2017
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the second or third year of your degree in 2017
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
At the end of the scholarship year you'll be required to submit a two-page report setting out what you wish to gain from the financial planning industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you'll be required to provide a statement of how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. You’ll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.