The Neilson Foundation Financial Planning Scholarships
Get a head start on your financial planning career. The Neilson Foundation (in association with Platinum Asset Management) awards scholarships to Deakin students in their second or third year of a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in financial planning.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $12,500 (paid in two instalments).
11 December 2017
12 March 2018 at 5 pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled at Deakin University in the Bachelor of Commerce and majoring in Financial Planning
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the second or third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
As a scholarship recipient, you are obliged to attend a thank you event to meet the donors.
At the end of the scholarship year, you are required to submit a two-page report explaining what you wish to gain from the Financial Planning industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you'll be required to provide a statement about how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals. Applicants who do not provide this statement will not be considered for this scholarship.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details and supporting documentation you provide.
You’ll find out if you were successful around 4 weeks after applications close.