The Neilson Foundation Scholarships in association with Platinum Asset Management
Get a head start on your financial planning career. In association with Platinum Asset Management, the Neilson Foundation awards scholarships each year to Deakin students in their third year of a Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in financial planning.
Value and duration
Cash payment of up to $12,500 towards your fees with the balance paid to you in cash
One off Payment
12 June 2017
11 July 2017 at 5 pm
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a current student enrolled at Deakin University in the Bachelor of Commerce and majoring in Financial Planning in Trimester 2, 2017
- be enrolled full-time in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- be in the third year of your degree in the year of the scholarship application
- have a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 in the year prior to the scholarship.
- Provide a statement on how the scholarship will assist your study and career goals.
At the end of the scholarship year, you'll be required to submit a two-page report setting out what you wish to gain from the financial planning industry.
The successful applicant will be required to attend a thank you event to meet the donor.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of your application, you'll be required to provide a statement of how the scholarship will assist your studies and career goals.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
Finding out if you're successful
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide. You’ll find out if you were successful some time after applications close.