Value and duration
- 100% of your student contribution (tuition fees)
- A cash payment of $5,000 per year
- Participation in the Vice-Chancellor's Professional Excellence Program – an exclusive opportunity for professional and personal growth that runs for the duration of the scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded for the normal full-time duration of the course.
Continued eligibility depends on recipients maintaining a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70 and participation in the Vice-Chancellor's Professional Excellence Program.
Package the scholarship to suit you
Deakin has a flexible approach for the payment of your scholarship benefits. The average value of the scholarship is $35,000 to $80,000 depending on your course duration.
29 August 2017
8 January 2018 at 5pm
We will commence offering scholarships on 15 December 2017 and continue making offers until all scholarships are awarded.
All Deakin University scholarships have eligibility criteria.
Prospective candidates should ensure they meet all criteria before submitting their application.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- commencing at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor degree in any trimester/semester in the 2018 academic year
- enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study
- enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place.
Applicants must also be able to demonstrate academic achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 95 or International Baccalaureate equivalent
- dux of your high school
- highest ranking student commencing in Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery.
Consideration will be given to:
- your extra-curricular activities and achievements, for example in the areas of leadership, community service, the arts, volunteering, or sport
- students experiencing personal or financial hardship.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our course and scholarship applicant portal.
One application for three scholarships:
If you follow the steps and select the 'Deakin Funded Scholarships Program' option, your application will automatically be considered for the Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship, Deakin Scholarship for Excellence and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process. This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
How to write a successful application:
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- two referee statements
- evidence of your leadership activities or community service achievement
- evidence of your sporting or other achievements.
Finding out if you're successful
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You may also be invited to attend an interview to chat about your application.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your course and scholarship applicant portal account.