HSH201 - Planning and Evaluation 1
|Year||2017 unit information|
Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), CBD*, Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)
Unit only available to students enrolled in courses H313, D381 and D388
HBS107 or HSH111
Campus: 1 x 3 hour seminar per week only
Cloud (online): Online independent and collaborative learning activities including 1 x 1 hour class per week (recording provided) and 1 x 2 hour online seminar per week
*CBD refers to Institute of Koorie Education – Community Based Delivery
This unit will help students to understand the context of community health issues and needs, and apply the range of principles, processes and strategies to develop health promotion programs to address those issues and needs.
The unit is comprised of three modules. Module 1 explores the discipline of health promotion, the context of health promotion practice, and the need for effective planning in health promotion. It introduces the key frameworks and tools that will be applied for developing a health promotion program. Module 2 develops applied understanding of how to identify and understand community health needs as the first step in planning an effective, relevant and targeted health promotion program. Module 3 builds on modules 1 and 2 to design a realistic health promotion program to address the needs identified in Module 2, using the planning principles and frameworks introduced in Module 1.
The unit provides the basis for HSH218 Planning and Evaluation 2, which examines and practices how community based health promotion are evaluated.
Assessment task 1: Community health needs assessment (1500 words) - visual mind map 10% and written plan 40% - total 50%
Assessment task 2: Community health program plan - group presentation equivalent to 700 words 15%, group written report 1800 words 35% - total 50%
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: