MMP713 - Property and Real Estate Context
|Year||2017 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
Trimester 2: Cloud (online)
|Previously coded as:|
Online independent and collaborative learning activities
This unit uses the FutureLearn online learning platform. Learn more about studying through FutureLearn.
This unit aims to give students a basic understanding of the property market including land economics, urban economic geography and the role valuation plays in the broader property market.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Explain the role property plays in the context of the built environment, urban planning, the investment environment, design and construction
- Explain the concept of real property and improvements on land
- Evaluate the state of a property market and sub-markets by applying appropriate financial concepts such as yield and taking into account local (urban) issues such as expectations for growth.
- Prepare a ‘property market’ report suitable for potential investors based on the above analysis
- Prepare property valuations using the three primary approaches to valuation.
Assessment 1 (Individual) - Written report (2500 words) - 25%
Assessment 2 (Indiividual) - Written report (2500 words) - 25%
Examination (2 hours) - 50%
Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: