Return to previous page

MMS313 - Sport Leadership and Governance

Unit details

Note: You are seeing the 2017 view of this unit information. These details may no longer be current. [Go to the current version]
Year2017 unit information
Enrolment modes:Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)
Credit point(s):1
EFTSL value:0.125
Cohort rule:(Normally available to students enrolled in the BCom majoring in Sport Management or the Dean's Scholars Program only.)
Unit chair:

Geoff Schoenberg


MMS100 and MMS101/MMS201

Incompatible with: Nil
Contact hours:

Campus: 1 x 1.5 hour class and 1 x 1.5 hour seminar per week

Cloud (Online): 1 x 1.5 hour class (recordings provided) + 1 x 1.5 hour online seminar


This unit aims to develop leaders in sport through introducing students to major issues and practices in the governance of sport organisations. Students will be given the opportunity to implement and explore governance issues through innovative experiential learning techniques.


Assignment 1: (Group of 5-6), oral debate (10 minutes) 10%

Assignment 2: (Group of 5-6) Board Role Play, Individual report (1000 words), 20%; Group report (4000 words), 40% - total 60%

Assignment 3: (Individual) Report 3000 words 30%

Unit Fee Information

Click on the fee link below which describes you:

Return to previous page