SEV215 - Water Systems
2018 unit information
Not available from 2018
Abdol Ghafouri Rouzbehani
Nil (students are expected to have knowledge of basic concepts and related definitions in mechanics of fluids)
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
The unit introduces the fundamentals of water supply and water treatment operation and processes. This includes:
- Water supply systems - types of water supply systems, assessment of water demand, sources of water;
- Elements of hydrology - hydrological cycle, surface water hydrology, groundwater hydrology;
- Water collection and distribution - surface water collection, groundwater collection, water transmission systems, water distribution systems; pipeline and valves - hydraulics of pipelines, network of pipelines, valves and appurtenances, pumps and pumping installations;
- Wastewater collection systems – collection of sewage and stormwater; sewer materials and appurtenances; flow measurements in sewers; sewer installations and testing;
- Hydraulics of sewer systems – quantities of wastewater flows, design of sewers, sewer materials, appurtenances and maintenance, alternative in wastewater collection systems;
- Urban runoff and road drainage design.
Examination 60%, written report 15%, written report 25%. To be eligible to obtain a pass in this unit, students must achieve an overall mark of at least 40% in the examination.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: