SLE793 - Policy and Governance for Environmental Management
|Year||2017 unit information|
Trimester 1: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 2: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Trimester 3: Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
|Previously coded as:|
CBD: Students are required to attend 3 x 1 week intensive seminars per trimester via community-based delivery (and/or supported by face-to-face intensive study blocks).
Enrolment in this unit is handled by the Institute of Koorie Education.
The unit will introduce students to:
- The National Policy context that drives the delivery of Natural Resource Management in Australia;
- The key policy instruments that are used to manage land, water and soil conservation management;
- Key legislation that regulates Natural and Cultural Resource Management in Australia;
- The Management of Aboriginal owned lands and Indigenous Protected Areas;
- Issues current in the application of Natural Resource Management program.
Policy analysis exercise 20%, resource journal 40%, test 30%, oral presentation 10%. To be eligible to obtain a pass in this unit students must achieve at least 50% for the resource journal.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: