Bachelor of Information Systems/Bachelor of Information Technology
Course summary for current students
|Year||2014 course information|
|Award granted||Bachelor of Information Systems / Bachelor of Information Technology|
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne)|
|Duration||4 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|Deakin course code||D371|
* For a helpful guide to courses and careers in business and law please refer to our Your Decision undergraduate careers guide [1.8MB]
The course offers studies of IT and Information Systems, producing graduates with practical and theoretical knowledge in ICT leading to a spectrum of highly sought after graduate roles. This course will provide students with a thorough grounding in software development, web design, database, networking and project management. Graduates work in roles such as business analyst, computer systems designer, systems programmer, information security officer, games designer, games programmer, security specialist, network manager, project manager and multimedia technology developer.
Students must have access to a suitable computer and a network connection. Information about the hardware and software requirements may be obtained from the School of Information Technology's website www.deakin.edu.au/sebe/it, or by telephone 03 9244 6699.
Fees and charges
Unit fees can be viewed within individual unit descriptions. You can search for a unit using the Unit Search.
Please be aware:
- Fees are calculated on a per unit basis
- Fees charged will depend on the individual units chosen
- Fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and services
Students will undertake 16 credit points in the Faculty of Business and Law and 16 credit points in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment. Course requirements for both the Bachelor of Information Systems (M340) and the Bachelor of Information Technology (S326) must be satisfied.
The 16 credit points studied within the Bachelor of Information Systems must include 12 credit points of core units* and 4 credit points of general electives from the Bachelor of Information Systems.
The 16 credit points studied within the Bachelor of Information Technology must include 6 credit point of core IT units*, 4 credit points of IT course grouped units and one IT major sequence.
* Students undertaking D371 are not required to undertake SIT101, MIS231, SIT374 and MIS399. Students will undertake 2 credit points of elective units from the Bachelor of Information Systems and 2 credit points of elective units from the Bachelor of Information Technology instead.