Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Science|
|Duration||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||075865G|
|Deakin course code||D372|
Note: offered to continuing students only.
Continuing student should contact their course advisor for further information.
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a Science stream, for example, Biology, Biological Chemistry, Chemistry, Mathematical Modelling and Zoology. Only the Mathematical Modelling major is available in Cloud (online) mode.
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science offers you the chance to broaden your career opportunities after graduation. The opportunities available will depend on the major sequences you take within your course. For information on career outcomes for this combined course see the entries for Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Engineering.
Fees and charges
Unit fees can be viewed within individual unit descriptions. You can search for a unit using the Unit Search.
Please be aware:
- Fees are calculated on a per unit basis
- Fees charged will depend on the individual units chosen
- Fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and services
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
- 16 credit points of Science units including:
- 7 Bachelor of Science core units
- One 8 credit point major from the Bachelor of Science:
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for Science: SEP101 and SIT194
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Science (S320) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.