Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce|
|Duration||5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||023641K|
|Deakin course code||D373|
Note: Offered to continuing students only.
Continuing student should contact their course advisor for further information.
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce course takes five years to complete on a full-time basis. You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - Civil, Mechatronics and Robotics or Mechanical - with a relevant Commerce major, for example, Economics, eBusiness, Technology Management or International Trade and Economic Policy.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.
This combined course comprises 40 credit points of study. Students will undertake 26 credit points in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment and 14 credit points in the Faculty of Business and Law. Course requirements for both the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) and the Bachelor of Commerce (M300) must be satisfied.
Students must complete all core engineering units excluding SEB121 and SEB421.
The 14 credit points studied within the Faculty of Business and Law must include the 10 Bachelor of Commerce core units: MAA103, MAE101, MAE102, MAF101, MLC101, MMM132, MSC120, MSQ171, MMH299 and MMK277. In addition, students must complete a prescribed Commerce major sequence and a minimum of 4 credit points at level 3, which must be Faculty of Business and Law units course-grouped* to a Faculty of Business and Law undergraduate degree.
*For the purposes of this course, SEB322 Research and Design Project Management and SEB323 Managing Industrial Organisations, have been course grouped.
See course entry for Bachelor of Engineering (S367) or Bachelor of Commerce (M300).