Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Information Technology|
|Duration||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||075867F|
|Deakin course code||D375|
Note: Offered to continuing students only.
Continuing student should contact their course advisor for further information.
Further course structure information can be found in the handbook archive.
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a major in Information Technology.
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology offers you the chance to broaden your career opportunities after graduation. The opportunities available will depend on the major sequences you take within your course. For information on career outcomes for this combined course see the entries for Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Engineering.
Fees and charges
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. Please refer to the Pre 2016 Unit Fee Cost in the Unit Search.
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
The rates shown are based on 1 Equivalent Full Time Study Load (EFTSL) or 8 credit points. If your study load for the year is less than or more than 1 EFTSL your fees will be adjusted accordingly. Each unit you study has an EFTSL value. You can multiple the course price by the EFSTL value of all units you are enrolled in to determine the unit price.
* The Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) course rates shown are indicative course fees. CSP fees are indicative because they are calculated based on your unit selection. They should be used as a guide only. The 2016 CSP course fees may change if the Commonwealth Government's proposed fee deregulation and reforms legislation is passed.
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
Information Technology component:
- 16 credit points of Information Technology units including:
- 8 credit points of core IT units
- One IT major:
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for IT: SIT172 and SEP291.
- See course entry for theBachelor of Information Technology (S326) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.