Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Information Technology|
|Campus||Offered at Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
|Duration||5.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||075867F|
|Deakin course code||D375|
The Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology course takes five and a half years to complete on a full-time basis or part time equivalent (unless trimesters are fully utilised by students).
You may combine one of the engineering major sequences - civil, electrical and electronics, mechanical or mechatronics and robotics engineering - with a major in Information Technology.
Career opportunitiesThe Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Information Technology offers you the chance to broaden your career opportunities after graduation. The opportunities available will depend on the major sequences you take within your course. For information on career outcomes for this combined course see the entries for Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Engineering.
Fees and charges
Unit fees can be viewed within individual unit descriptions. You can search for a unit using the Unit Search.
Please be aware:
- Fees are calculated on a per unit basis
- Fees charged will depend on the individual units chosen
- Fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and services
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
This combined course comprises a total of 44 credit points which must include the following:
- 30 credit points of core engineering units
- One approved Engineering major:
- Combined Engineering students are exempt from Engineering elective requirements.
- See course entry for the Bachelor of Engineering (S367) for details of core units.
Information Technology component:
- 16 credit points of Information Technology units including:
- 8 credit points of core IT units
- One IT major:
- 2 Engineering units course grouped for IT: SIT172 and SIT294
- See course entry for theBachelor of Information Technology (S326) for further details.
Students must meet the minimum requirements for each award.