Doctor of Philosophy
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Award granted||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Warrnambool|
|Duration||3 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||006244J|
|Deakin course code||E900|
This is a supervised research program taken by thesis or folio. The research of each candidate is conducted under the supervision of a full-time member of the academic staff. Candidates are required to participate in an oral colloquium about one third of the way through candidature in which the proposed research is defended and are required to then ultimately submit a thesis embodying the results of their research.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||$24,400|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.