Return to Practice and Initial Registration (Overseas Nurses)
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne)|
The course is completed over a 10 week period commencing 3 June and concluding 12 August 2016.
|CRICOS course code||062983J|
|Deakin course code||H011|
This non-award 10 week Return to Practice and Initial Registration (Overseas Nurses) course is specifically designed to fulfil registration requirements for Division 1 of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) for nurses who:
- have previously been registered in Australia, but have not had sufficient nursing practice in the preceding five years
- are from overseas wishing to obtain initial registration in Australia
This course is currently accredited as at the date of publishing.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||$13,752|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.
To complete the Return to Practice and initial Registration (Overseas Nurses) students must attain 4 credit points taken over three units. All units must be successfully completed.
The course is divided into two components: a six (6) week academic component and a four (4) week clinical component.
Academic learning program: Six (6) weeks
The academic program comprises six weeks of full-time study, based at Burwood (Melbourne), providing a broad overview of nursing practice in the contemporary Australian society and health care system. The program is offered in two units of study, including nursing clinical simulation skills.
Clinical learning program: Four (4) weeks
On successful completion of the course, each student will demonstrate the minimum standards of competence as per the Australian Nursing Council’s National Competency Standards prior to being recommended for registration.
The clinical learning program aims to provide an opportunity for the student to consolidate their experience in the Australian clinical environment under the supervision and guidance of expert clinicians and clinical facilitators.
|HNN021||Nursing Practice in Australia|
|HNN026||Legal Ethical and Contemporary Issues in Australian Nursing Practice|