Master of Clinical Leadership
Course summary for current students
|Year||2015 course information|
|Award granted ||Master of Clinical Leadership|
Cloud (online) with three compulsory residential units
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent. Some units will run in block mode – please refer to individual unit handbook entries for further details.
|Deakin course code||H702|
The Master of Clinical Leadership will provide students who have existing qualifications in one of the major clinical professions with the knowledge and skills required to undertake leadership roles within the Australian health care industry. Graduates will have an understanding of a body of knowledge relating to recent developments in the area of clinical leadership as well as knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to the field of clinical leadership.
The Master of Clinical Leadership will equip graduates with the leadership skills and management knowledge required of senior clinical managers in health care organisations.
There are two alternative exit points available from H702 Master of Clinical Leadership:
- H502 Graduate Certificate of Clinical Leadership consisting of 4 credit points,
- H602 Graduate Diploma of Clinical Leadership consisting of 8 credit points.
Students for both courses must complete HME701, HME702, HME703. The remaining units must be selected from the core and core selective units of H702.
Fees and charges
Unit fees can be viewed within individual unit descriptions. You can search for a unit using the Unit Search.
Please be aware:
- Fees are calculated on a per unit basis
- Fees charged will depend on the individual units chosen
- Fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and services
- There are additional fees associated with residential units. For more information on fees please refer to: http://www.deakin.edu.au/medicine/study-options/master-of-clinical-leadership
The Master of Clinical Leadership comprises 12 units consisting of three core clinical leadership units, five core units from existing Deakin masters programs (from Business and Public Health) including one core selective unit, and four elective units of the student's choice (subject to approval by the course director). Students will be able to undertake research programs during these elective units.
|HME701||Clinical Leadership 1: System and Strategy *|
|HME702||Clinical Leadership 2: The Organisation *|
|HME703||Clinical Leadership 3: Clinicians Consumers and Their System *|
|HSH702||Contemporary Health Issues and Policies ^|
|MPA751||Financial Reporting and Analysis ^|
|MPM703||Business Strategy and Analysis ^|
* Core unit for alternative exits H502 and H602, ^ Selective unit for alternative exits H502 and H602
Core selective units - H702 students must enrol in one of the following list:
|MMH707||Managing Transitions and Change ^|
|MPA711||Corporate Governance and Ethics ^|
|MPM701||Business Process Management ^|
|MPM721||Organisational Behaviour ^|
|MPM722||Human Resource Management ^|
|MPM738||Audacious Leadership ^ (previously coded MPM702)|
|MPR707||Change Management (Residential) ^|
^ Selective unit for alternative exits H502 and H602