Graduate Diploma of Information Systems
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Award granted ||Graduate Diploma of Information Systems|
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne)|
|Duration||1 year full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||052315F|
|Deakin course code||M622|
Combine your passions for new technology and business when you study information systems (IS) at Deakin. You’ll get skills in project management and learn about eCommerce principles, relational database management, data warehousing, and big data analysis. Job prospects are booming, with IS professionals in demand around the world.
The course also serves as a foundation for advanced studies via Deakin’s Master of Information Systems.
Course Learning Outcomes
|Graduate Learning Outcome ||Course Learning Outcome |
|Discipline specific knowledge and capabilities ||Demonstrate advanced knowledge needed to perform duties as a highly skilled information systems professional within an organisation or social setting. |
|Communication ||Effectively transmit models, frameworks and management theory to both specialists and non-specialists. |
|Digital literacy ||Professionally apply advanced information application skills relative to information systems settings. |
|Critical thinking ||Apply critical thinking relative to complex information systems settings. |
|Problem solving ||Formulate and recommend well developed solutions based on organisational needs and a critical evaluation of alternatives. |
|Self-management ||Not explicitly addressed as a learning outcome in this award. |
|Teamwork ||Work collaboratively in teams to produce and share advanced solutions to complex information systems problems. |
|Global citizenship ||Not explicitly addressed as a learning outcome in this award. |
| ||Approved by Faculty Board October 2014. |
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.
To complete the Graduate Diploma of Information Systems, students must attain a total of 8 credit points of core units and one zero credit point academic induction unit.
|MIS070||Academic Induction for Postgraduate Information Systems (0cp)|
|MIS701||Business Requirements Analysis |
|MIS761||Enterprise Information Management |
|MIS741||Analysing the Impact of Digital Business |
|MPM701||Business Process Management |
^MIS770A is a Start Anytime unit.