Master of Commerce
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Award granted||Master of Commerce|
|Campus||Offered at Burwood (Melbourne), Waterfront (Geelong), Warrnambool|
|Duration||2 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||006248E|
|Deakin course code||M800|
Research master degrees may be undertaken in both Schools of the Faculty: Deakin Business School and Deakin Law School. They are available full time or part time, and in Campus or Cloud (online) mode (if appropriate). Research degrees undertaken in the Deakin Law School lead to the award of Master of Laws (by major thesis) or Doctor of Philosophy.
A member of the academic staff will be appointed as principal supervisor for each candidate for a higher degree by research. Associate supervisors, either internal or external, may be appointed to assist the principal supervisor. Candidates will be required to meet certain attendance requirements. A candidate is required to complete a thesis embodying the results of research carried out in the field of study specified at the time of enrolment.
For more information about areas in which supervision is available please contact:
Research Administration Group
Tel 03 5227 2442
Deakin University offers scholarships for study towards research masters degrees in all faculties. Information is available from:
University scholarships officer
Tel 03 5227 3492
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||$27,320|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.