Graduate Certificate of Landscape Design
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Award granted||Graduate Certificate of Landscape Design|
This course is an exit option only
|Duration||0.5 year full-time or part-time equivalent|
|Deakin course code||S503|
The Graduate Certificate of Landscape Design can only be completed as an exit option from the Master of Landscape Architecture. The course is made up of 4 credit points of study that will help you to develop a solid appreciation of landscape architecture design, practice, thinking and equip you with the essential skills to engage in this discipline.
Units in the course may include assessment hurdle requirements.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
The rates shown are based on four credit points (which equals 0.5 Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than four credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by four, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.
To qualify for the proposed Graduate Certificate of Landscape Design (exit option only), students must successfully complete 4 credit points from the units listed below:
- 2 core units
- 2 course-grouped elective units
Students must complete at least 2 of the following units:
|SRL731||Landscape Narrating and Meaning|
|SRL732||Plants, Design and Ecologies|
|SRL733||Indigenous Narratives and Processes|
2 elective units chosen from S703 Master of Landscape Architecture course-grouped elective units