Master of Urban Design
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Master of Urban Design|
|Campus||Offered at Waterfront (Geelong)|
|Duration||1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||073319F|
|Deakin course code||S702|
The Master of Urban Design aims to provide a postgraduate pathway that promotes a high standard of skill and knowledge acquisition in developing innovative sustainable design solutions for the urban environment. The course promotes a high level of strategic thinking for implementing effective change management practices and is designed for graduates who wish to practice as an urban designer in order to improve the quality and development of our towns and city scapes. Students will:
- evaluate theory and practice within contemporary international contexts
- critique historical and current practices through inquiry and rigorous analytical methods
- integrate and apply theory and practice-based knowledge and skills within a collaborative design studio.
Opportunity is provided in the second trimester to undertake an authentic case study and to reflect and critique current or proposed practices through a design thesis and work place assessment.
Fees and charges
Unit fees can be viewed within individual unit descriptions. You can search for a unit using the Unit Search.
Please be aware:
- Fees are calculated on a per unit basis
- Fees charged will depend on the individual units chosen
- Fees per unit/credit point may increase annually due to rises in the cost of course delivery and services
You must complete 12 credit points of study.
|SRA742||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRD761||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRA760||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRR782||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRD764||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRM781||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRR711||Unit description is currently unavailable (2cps)|
|SRD762||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRV799||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRM752||Unit description is currently unavailable|
Plus one elective unit from any approved "SR Level 7' coded unit.