Master of Facilities Management
Course summary for current students
|Award granted||Master of Facilities Management|
|Duration||1.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|Deakin course code||S795|
Note: Offered to continuing students only.
Continuing students should contact their course advisor for further information.
Further course structure information can be found in the handbook archive.
Facilities management is an emerging discipline that centres around the management of existing facilities and the strategic alignment of physical infrastructure to an organisation’s core business goals, and the important health and safety needs of its workforce and customers.
Deakin’s Master of Facilities Management will equip you to be able to work across traditional professional boundaries, from property investment and development through to space management and workplace logistics, using key project management skills to ensure optimum value for money is attained at all stages of the property life cycle.
Units in the course may include assessment hurdle requirements.
Multiple career opportunities can arise from a qualification in facilities management. These include: asset and property management, property investment and management, workplace logistics and strategic technical services, sustainable practices and effective planning and design of space.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.
To qualify for the award of Master of Facilities Management, you must successfully complete 12 credit points as follows:
- 11 core units (12 credit points)
|SRF701||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRF702||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRM752||Advanced Project Management|
|SRF703||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|SRM751||Integrated Project Information Management|
|SRR715||Thesis (Facilities Management) (2 cps)|
|SRV799||Built Environment Integrated Project|