Master of Architecture (Research)
Course summary for current students
|Year||2016 course information|
|Award granted||Master of Architecture (Research)|
|Duration||2 years full-time or part-time equivalent|
|CRICOS course code||070375M|
|Deakin course code||S800|
Deepen your knowledge on a chosen topic within the field of architecture through independent, sustained and academically-supervised research.
Undertake a research investigation in architecture and develop advanced skills in critical thinking, analysis and research methodologies under the supervision of internationally-recognised research staff. You’ll produce a written thesis of approximately 60,000-80,000 words.
The School of Architecture and Built Environment specialises in socio-cultural ecology, tectonic ecology and construction ecology themes. You can choose topics from areas including architectural history and theory, environmental building science, professional practice and parametric modelling.
When applying, contact the School for guidance on developing research proposals.
Fees and charges
This section is for:
- all Commonwealth Supported Place students, or
- domestic fee-paying undergraduate students, or
- all domestic and International students who commenced in 2015 or before.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the units you study. The cost of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search under the 'Unit based calculation'.
* The Commonwealth supported place (CSP) indicative annual course fee shown in the table below is provided as a guide only. It has been calculated on the basis of a typical enrolment of a student undertaking the course in 2015, and reflects the cost involved in undertaking full-time study within the specified discipline. The actual fees charged by Deakin University, will depend on the individual unit discipline and may vary from the indicative course fee cited, particularly if units are chosen from a number of disciplines.
This section is for:
- all International students who commenced in 2016 or after, or
- all postgraduate domestic student who commenced in 2016 or after.
Your course tuition fees are calculated based on the course you study. The following rates apply:
|Commonwealth Supported Place (indicative)*||Domestic Fee Paying||International Fee Paying|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||$30,720|
The rates shown are based on eight credit points (which equals one Equivalent Full Time Study Load - EFTSL). If your study load for the year is less than or more than eight credit points, your fees will be adjusted accordingly. The credit point and EFTSL value of each unit can be viewed by looking up your units in the Handbook Unit Search. To calculate the fee for each unit, take the applicable course fee above, divide it by eight, then multiply it by the credit point of the unit you are studying.