Bachelor of Arts
Public Relations - unit set code MJ-A000021
The Public Relations major sequence is concerned with the management of communication between people, agencies and various publics. Students will study such areas as crisis and issues management, organisational public relations and public relations campaigns; and will develop the necessary skills for effective public relations.
On successful completion of the Public Relations major sequence, students should have the following discipline-specific skills:
- an ability to explain the role of public relations in society;
- an ability to differentiate between the various areas of public relations;
- an ability to explain the legal and regulatory context of public relations;
- an ability to prepare public relations strategies using traditional, internet and social media tactics;
- the ability to write and communicate for public relations practice across a broad range of professional contexts.
|ALR103||Unit description is currently unavailable|
Trimester 1, Trimester 2 or Trimester 3
|ALW117||Unit description is currently unavailable|
Select 6 credit points, including at least 2 credit points at level 2 and at least 2 credit points at level 3 from the following:
Level 2 and Level 3
|ALR276||Unit description is currently unavailable|
|ALR207||Unit description is currently unavailable ****|
|ALR383||Unit description is currently unavailable **|
|ALR206||Unit description is currently unavailable ***|
|ALR279||Unit description is currently unavailable *(2 credit points)|
|ALR300||Unit description is currently unavailable (2 credit points)|
|ALR310||Unit description is currently unavailable|
* Burwood offering available to students enrolled in A328 and A325. Not offered at Warrnambool in 2012.
** This unit is offered in the wholly online teaching mode only. There will be no face to face teaching.
*** Not offered at Warrnambool in 2012, re-offered 2013.
**** ALR207 also offered in Trimester 3.