AAR410 - Critical Creative Research Methods
|Year||2017 unit information|
* Offered at Waurn Ponds (Geelong), and Cloud (online) mode subject to agreement with the Honours Co-ordinator.
Trimester 1 Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)*, Cloud (Online)*
Campus mode: 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- what is research?
- the location of print and non-print resources;
- finding, reviewing and appropriating others’ research;
- paradigm shifts - new research questions and ways to answer them;
- collaborative and cross arts/interdisciplinary possibilities;
- ethical issues in arts research;
- participant observation - the subjective voice in research;
- journalising and recording research;
- writing research and funding proposals and reports;
- structuring an effective exegesis; and
- sharing and publicising research.
Annotated Bibliography, 1400 words, 35%
Research Abstract, 600 words, 15%
Research paper, 2000 words, 50%
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon