AAR410 - Honours Research Methods
|Year||2015 unit information|
* Offered at Waurn Ponds (Geelong), and Cloud (online) mode subject to agreement with the Honours Co-ordinator.
Trimester 1 2015 Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)*, Cloud (Online)*
|Unit chair:||A Miller|
Campus mode: 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- what is research?
- the location of print and non-print resources;
- finding, reviewing and appropriating others’ research;
- paradigm shifts - new research questions and ways to answer them;
- collaborative and cross arts/interdisciplinary possibilities;
- ethical issues in arts research;
- participant observation - the subjective voice in research;
- journalising and recording research;
- writing research and funding proposals and reports;
- structuring an effective exegesis; and
- sharing and publicising research.
Annotated Bibliography, (1400 words), 35%
Research Abstract, (600 words), 15%
Research paper, (2000 words), 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.