AAR410 - Critical Creative Research Methods
|Year||2016 unit information|
* Offered at Waurn Ponds (Geelong), and Cloud (online) mode subject to agreement with the Honours Co-ordinator.
Trimester 1 Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)*, Cloud (Online)*
|Unit chair:||A Miller|
Campus mode: 1 x 2 hour Seminar per week
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- what is research?
- the location of print and non-print resources;
- finding, reviewing and appropriating others’ research;
- paradigm shifts - new research questions and ways to answer them;
- collaborative and cross arts/interdisciplinary possibilities;
- ethical issues in arts research;
- participant observation - the subjective voice in research;
- journalising and recording research;
- writing research and funding proposals and reports;
- structuring an effective exegesis; and
- sharing and publicising research.
Annotated Bibliography, (1400 words), 35%
Research Abstract, (600 words), 15%
Research paper, (2000 words), 50%
Unit Fee Information
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price