ACM337 - Film and Television Study Tour of China
2014 unit information
Trimester 3 2014 Study Tour
|Unit chair:||S Wilmot|
Students must have completed 8 units including any three units from Level 2 units from the Film and Television or Film Studies Majors ACM213, ACM217, ACM237, ACM236, AAM220, and must have unit chair approval to enrol.
Before the tour there will be 6 hours of pre-departure seminars. The tour will run for 15 days. Students will be expected to spend at least 30 hours outside of this travel time, completing assignments.
(i) Students must have approval from the unit chair prior to enrolling in the Unit.
(ii) Students will be expected to fund their own travel related costs (transport, accommodation, meals, entry fees and so forth).
(iii) Students will be required to supply their own LSR camera whilst undertaking the study tour.
The 2014 Film and Television Study Tour takes place in China and focuses on the Chinese film and television industries. The tour will cover
- The themes and subjects of Chinese Film and the relationship between film stories and the people and places those stories come from,
- the influence of traditional Chinese narrative forms on film and television,
- China and the International Business of Film and Television including co-production activities, the Chinese quota system, Chinese investment overseas, foreign investment in China,
- Film and Television production practice in China,
and provide an experience of contemporary China that begins inter-cultural understanding.
Predeparture Paper (1000 words) 20%
Journal of Learning (1600 words) 40%
Video Essay (8 Minutes) 40%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.