ADS715 - Cross Cultural Communication and Practice
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 3: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Unit chair:||M Kelly|
This unit focuses on the diversity of cultures, how difference between ethnic groups is constructed and how to respond appropriately to difference. It provides the student with an understanding of the principles of cross-cultural communication and practice and development of cultural competency as community development practitioners in different cultural settings. Students will be encouraged to apply and analyse their experiences as case-studies.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- the meanings of culture and how it affects community development practice;
- the meanings of cultural competence;
- cultural conflict;
- cross-cultural communication skills;
- cross-cultural teamwork in community development;
- building culturally competent community partnerships;
- cross-cultural negotiation and conflict resolution.
One essay 2000 words 40%
One essay 3000 words 60%
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price