AIM704 - Heritage, Development and Tourism in the Asia-Pacific Region
|Year||2016 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||J Sweet|
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
Campus: Students are required to attend a 2 day a week intensive for 3 weeks.
Module 1: Cultural Tourism
- Dimensions of global tourism
- What is tourism and who are the tourists?
- A brief history of tourism
- Definitions of cultural tourism
- Issues of culture and tourism
Module 2: Sustainability and Cultural Tourism
- Economic, socio-cultural and physical effects of tourism
- Tourism and host cultures
- Sustainable development and sustainable tourism in Australia
Module 3: Cultural Tourism: Policy and Practice Issues
- Case studies from the Asia-Pacific region
2 assignments, both of 2500 words, 50% of final mark each
Unit Fee Information
All Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), fee paying undergraduate and pre-2016 commencing students
Unit fee information available soon
2016 commencing International and full fee paying postgraduate domestic students
Your units are priced based on the course you are enrolled in. Please refer to the current year's course entry to estimate the unit cost.
You can calculate the cost of each unit by using the following calculation:
Course fee x unit EFTSL value = unit price