AIM705 - Conservation Management Planning
|Enrolment modes:||(B, X)|
|Unit chair:||K Buckley|
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access.
Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
ContentModule 1: Context, Research and Analysis
- Contextual history (political, social, economic and architectural) of Australia within the Asia-Pacific region
- Documentary research and physical investigation of buildings and sites, analysis and assessment of cultural significance.
- Condition assessment
- Application of the philosophy and principles of conservation to design, including design in historic urban areas, historic gardens and landscapes, and alterations and additions to heritage places
- Conservation report writing
- Conservation project management
- The pricing of professional conservation services
- Ethics in conservation practice
Two assignments totalling 5000 words, 50% each.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
**** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2005
***** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2006
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.