AIM726 - Heritage and Museum Operational Issues
Note: You are seeing the 2011 view of this unit information. These details may no longer be current. [Go to the current version]
(B, G, X)
Offered in alternate years; 2012, 2014
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
ContentModule 1: The Governance of Museums
- Governance systems;
- Organisational structures;
- Boards, trustees and meetings;
- Reporting and accountability.
- Sources of finance including shops and catering concessions, admission charges, grants and sponsorship;
- Financial and risk management;
- Legal issues;
- Insurance and indemnity;
- Occupational health, safety and security systems;
- Loyalty programs and management of Friends groups.
- Museum work, and its management;
- Managing consultants and their work in museums;
- Working as a consultant to museums;
- Management of volunteer personnel;
- Induction schemes for new personnel;
- Performance appraisal systems for museum personnel.