- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Offered at:||(B*, G, W, X)|
|Cohort rule:||(*Burwood offering only available to students enrolled in A328)|
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
This unit covers the practices and theories behind the production of print and online publications. It specifically considers the role of the newspaper sub-editor and online producer in the production of news. The first half of the unit covers the editing of body text and the writing of headlines and captions for both forms. The second half considers the design aspects of print production, such as newspapers and magazines and considers designing for the Web.
In class group work 20%, In class editing exercises 30% (equivalent to 2500 words total), one essay 2500 words 50%
Unit Fee Information
Please visit fees and invoices.