ASC743 - Analysing Qualitative Data
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||A Singleton|
Over a 2 x 2 day seminar, dates, TBC with unit chair.
It is strongly recommended that students undertake the ASC741 before enrolling in this unit.
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
This unit takes a practical approach to doing social research using qualitative methods. Participants will be given the opportunity to use various methods for the analysis of qualitative data.
It covers the following topics:
- Rationale and applicability of qualitative social research (Deductive vs. inductive research
- A brief overview of types of qualitative methods
- Techniques for analysis of qualitative data
- Using, integrating and applying qualitative data
- Report writing
- Disseminating findings/presenting qualitative data for different audiences
- Reading and assessing qualitative research.
- Online exercises, 2000 words, 50%
- Research report, 2000 words, 50%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.