EEG402 - Teaching in a Global World
Not offered at Burwood or Geelong Campuses in 2011. Offered in Off Campus mode only in 2011.
|Enrolment modes:||(B, G, X)|
Trimester 2 and Trimester 3
|Unit chair:||J Dyer|
3 hours tutorial per week
Teachers are increasingly being called to work in globalised, intercultural and international education contexts. This unit provides opportunities for students to develop intercultural understandings, skills, knowledge and explores related pedagogy and curriculum.
The unit is designed to equip students to teach in diverse contexts in Australia and overseas. This unit will complement programs such as the Global Experience Program, Study Abroad or other comparable experiences. However these experiences are not necessary for enrolment in this unit.
The content includes:
- Exploration of understandings around culture, cultural identities and situatedness
- Understanding of the complexities of globalisation, sustainability, human rights in education settings
- Development of critical literacy skills
- Development of teaching and learning materials to use within diverse contexts
- Policies and programs to reform education
- Philosophies of education
- Practical strategies for teaching cross-linguistically and cross-culturally
Country Portfolio 4th year students 50%
The country portfolio introduces and provides an overview of education in a selected country or region. The audience for this portfolio is teachers who are interested in teaching in that country or region.
Teaching in a Global world: Report 50%
This task is a report supported through digital resources to consolidate your learning to respond to Teaching in a Global World.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
**** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2005
***** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2006
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.