Studies in LOTE Curriculum A
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||M Weinmann|
At least 4 LOTE Language Learning Units
Students must be enrolled in course E359.
3 hours per week
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include:
- an exploration of classroom contexts and the students who work within it;
- a frame of reference for designing curriculum;
- an investigation of different strategies for teaching, assessment and evaluation; and
- the role of the language teacher
Written Essay, 2000 words, 40%
Unit of Work, 2500 words, 60%
Professional Experience - successful completion of 10 days of supervised professional experience
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.