ESJ358 - Studies in LOTE Curriculum B
2014 unit information
Commences in 2014.
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), Cloud (online)|
|Unit chair:||M Weinmann|
At least 4 LOTE Language Learning Units and ESJ357
Students must be enrolled in course E359
You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
Topics to be addressed in this unit include
- an exploration of classroom contexts and the students who work within it;
- a frame of reference for designing curriculum;
- an investigation of issues in LOTE curriculum and teaching;
- an investigation of different strategies for teaching, assessment and evaluation; and
- the role of the language teacher
Written Essay, 2000 words, 40%
Unit of Work, 2500 words, 60%
Professional Experience - successful completion of 10 days of supervised professional experience
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.