ESS441 - Environmental Science and Society: Curriculum Study
2014 unit information
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)|
|Cohort rule:||(For students enrolled in courses D342, D344, D351, E365, E377 and E455 only)|
|Unit chair:||L Barraza|
A sub major sequence in either of environmental science or biology
3 hours per week or Cloud (online) equivalent
The content of this unit will include:
- Different approaches to teaching and learning in environmental education;
- A discussion of the purposes of environmental education;
- Common curriculum documents to plan and organize work;
- How to critically reflect on teaching and learning in Environmental Education;
- Examples of professional reading elated to teaching and learning and
- Curriculum plans which exemplify the purposes of environmental education.
1. Part A Designing a science workbook 1400 words 35%, Part B Oral presentation 400 words or equivalent 10%
2. 35% part A Designing a Videoclip (3 mins) 1000 words part B Written explanation - 400 words 3. Cloud Deakin discussion, tasks participation - 800 words 20%
Curriculum and Standards Framework II: Science. Carlton, Victoria: Board of Studies 2000
Curriculum and Standards Framework II: Studies of Society and Environment. Carlton, Victoria: Board of Studies 2000
Victorian Essential Learning Standards (VELS), VCAA
All of the above are available on the Internet at: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/
Gough, N. (1992) Blueprints for Greening Schools, Moorabbin, Victoria: Gould League.
Curriculum@work (published by Curriculum Corporation) CD-ROM or on the Internet at: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.