HPY210 - Coaching and Counselling Individuals for Behaviour Change
|Year||2014 unit information|
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Burwood (Melbourne), Waurn Ponds (Geelong)|
1 x 3 hour seminar per week.
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
The unit aims to enable students to develop understanding of, and practice in, current approaches in coaching and counselling for behaviour change including:
- Theoretical models;
- A range of practical, generic coaching and counselling skills applicable to a range of coaching and counselling environments;
- An awareness of cross-disciplinary applications of the coaching/counselling process;
- Experience in applying practical applications of the coaching and counselling process with an individual client-focus. (Students will coach a client for three private coaching sessions as part of assignment 2).
- In-seminar counselling/coaching sessions;
- Developing an ethical framework for coaching/counselling practices;
- Personal growth, Positive psychology and well-being strategies;
- Assertiveness training.
Seminar attendance: Students will be required to attend a minimum of 80% of campus seminars as a hurdle requirement to obtain a pass or above in the unit.
HPY210 is applicable to a range of disciplines across the university and highly relevant for students wishing to develop practical skills in coaching, counselling, well-being and life-skills.
Assignment 1: Portfolio (1000 words) 25%, assignment 2: video of one coaching session (maximum 30 minutes) and reflective report (1000 words) 40%, assignment 3: reflective report (2000 words) 35%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.