- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Offered at:||(B, CBD, X)|
M Dunn (S)
Six intensive sessions, across the trimester, including online teaching methods.
|Note: Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.|
This unit has been designed specifically for students enrolled in H615 Graduate Diploma of Health Promotion, H703 Master of Social Work, H749 Master of Health Promotion, H746 Master of Health and Human Services Management and H747 Master of Public Health. The focus is on the development of skills in critical thinking and research methods in public health practice.
The unit consists of 4 sections, as follows:
1. Research for health practice: evidence based practice and critical appraisal
2. Quantitative research: principles, techniques and critique
3. Qualitative research: principles, techniques and critique
4. Ethical principles and alternative research designs
Assignment 1: evidence based practice for health practitioners (1200 - 1400 words) 30%, assignment 2: critical appraisal A (1800 words) 35%, assignment 3: critical appraisal B (1800 words) 35%.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.