HSH725 - Research Literacy for Health Practice
Trimester 2: Burwood (Melbourne), CBD, Cloud (online)
A minimum of four level 7 units
5 x 2 hour campus seminars; 5 x 1 hour cloud (online) seminars. Class material posted on CloudDeakin.
Note:You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.
This unit has been designed specifically for students enrolled in H615 Graduate Diploma of Health Promotion, H703 Master of Social Work, H749 Master of Health Promotion, H746 Master of Health and Human Services Management and H747 Master of Public Health. The focus is on the development of skills in critical thinking and research methods in public health practice.
The unit consists of 4 sections, as follows:
1. Research for health practice: evidence based practice and critical appraisal
2. Quantitative research: principles, techniques and critique
3. Qualitative research: principles, techniques and critique
4. Ethical principles and alternative research designs
Assessment 1: Evidence based practice for health practitioners (2000 words) 40%
Assessment 2: Critical appraisal (2000 words) 40%
Assessment 3: Ethics in research case studies (1000 words) 20%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.