- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Offered at:||(B, CBD, X)|
Trimester 1, Trimester 2
R Stockdale (B)
H747 students: HSH744 and HSH746.
H747 pre-2011 students: HSH725.
H749 students: HSH725.
The minor project is worth two credit points comprised HSH731 and HSH732. These may be undertaken:
(a) concurrently by students wishing to complete the minor project in one trimester (students enrol in both HSH731 and HSH732 in the same trimester); or
(b) sequentially enrol in HSH731 in one trimester followed by HSH732 in the next trimester.
This unit enables students to improve their knowledge and skills in research planning, data analysis, and presentation of findings relative to public health. Students are required to conduct an in-depth study of an area that is linked to their current studies in the Master of Health Promotion, Master of Public Health, Postgraduate Planning or that is relevant to their professional activities and experience.
Students can choose one of the following four options:
1. An expansive and critical analysis of the literature in an area of particular interest and importance in health promotion or public health that culminates in recommendations for health promotion or public health policy, research, education or practice.
2. Developing a protocol and analysing existing data (ie public accessible health-related data that has been collected by and is accessible from a health-related organisation).
3. Developing a design for a research or evaluation study in an area of health promotion. The protocol includes a brief literature review, study design and methods, and completed relevant ethics applications.
4. An applied project that is undertaken in partnership with an external agency. Students must have a WAM of 70 or more to be eligible for this option.
Interim report 10% (~500 words), oral presentation (15 minutes) 15%, written report (~8000-10 000 words) 75%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.