- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Cloud (online)|
|Previously coded as:|
|Note: You will need to access substantial learning resources and experiences in CloudDeakin (Deakin’s online learning environment). Compliance with the Standards in computing, connectivity and student capability are a condition on your enrolment.|
This unit aims to give students a basic understanding of the property market including land economics, urban economic geography and the role valuation plays in the broader property market.
On completion of the unit students should be able to:
- Explain the role property plays in the context of the built environment, urban planning, the investment environment, design and construction
- Explain the concept of real property and improvements on land
- Evaluate the state of a property market and sub-markets by applying appropriate financial concepts such as yield and the time value of money and taking into account local (urban) issues such as expectations for growth.
- Prepare a ‘state of a property market’ report suitable for potential investors based on the above analysis
- Prepare property valuations using the three primary approaches to valuation.
Assignment 1 2500 words 25%, Assignment 2 2500 words 25%, Examination 2 hours 50%, Hurdle requirement: achieve at least 50% of the available marks in the examination
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.