SEN744 - Water Supply and Wastewater Removal
|Year||2015 unit information|
2015 is the final offering of this unit
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 1: Waurn Ponds (Geelong), Cloud (online)|
Campus: 1 x 2 hour class per week, 1 x 2 hour seminar /class per week.
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
Topics to be covered in this unit include:
- Water supply systems - types of water supply systems, assessment of water demand, sources of water, elements of hydrology, surface water collection, ground water collection, head works development;
- Water transmission and distribution systems: demand variations and design flows in pipes; pipelines and valves, hydraulics of pipelines, head loss, network analysis; pumps and pumping installation; service reservoirs;
- Wastewater collection systems - collection of sewage and stormwater; sewer materials and appurtenances; flow measurements in sewers; sewer installations and testing;
- Stormwater management systems - non-point source pollution, stormwater quality, retention facilities, objective in best management practices, non-structural best management practices, structural best management practices, treatment technologies.
- Hydraulics of sewer systems – quantities of wastewater flows, design of sewers, sewer materials, appurtenances and maintenance, alternative in wastewater collection systems;
Two assignments (20% each) 40%, examination 60%. To be eligible to obtain a pass in this unit, students must achieve an overall mark of at least 40% in the examination.
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Rate for all CSP students, except for those who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
** Rate for CSP students who commenced Education and Nursing units pre 2010
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.