SEN744 - Water Supply and Wastewater Removal
|Enrolment modes:||(G, X)|
1 x 2 hour lecture, 1 x 2 hour tutorial/lecture per week
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
Topics to be covered in this unit include:
- Water supply systems - types of water supply systems, assessment of water demand, sources of water, elements of hydrology, surface water collection, ground water collection, head works development;
- Water transmission and distribution systems: demand variations and design flows in pipes; pipelines and valves, hydraulics of pipelines, head loss, network analysis; pumps and pumping installation; service reservoirs;
- Wastewater collection systems - collection of sewage and stormwater; sewer materials and appurtenances; flow measurements in sewers; sewer installations and testing;
- Stormwater management systems - non-point source pollution, stormwater quality, retention facilities, objective in best management practices, non-structural best management practices, structural best management practices, treatment technologies.
- Hydraulics of sewer systems – quantities of wastewater flows, design of sewers, sewer materials, appurtenances and maintenance, alternative in wastewater collection systems;
Two assignments (20% each) 40%, examination 60%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.