SEV215 - Water Systems
|Year||2017 unit information|
2017 is the final offering of this unit
|Enrolment modes:||Trimester 2: Cloud (online)|
Nil (students are expected to have knowledge of basic concepts and related definitions in mechanics of fluids)
Cloud (online): Learning experiences are via CloudDeakin.
The unit introduces the fundamentals of water supply and water treatment operation and processes. This includes:
- Water supply systems - types of water supply systems, assessment of water demand, sources of water;
- Elements of hydrology - hydrological cycle, surface water hydrology, groundwater hydrology;
- Water collection and distribution - surface water collection, groundwater collection, water transmission systems, water distribution systems; pipeline and valves - hydraulics of pipelines, network of pipelines, valves and appurtenances, pumps and pumping installations;
- Wastewater collection systems – collection of sewage and stormwater; sewer materials and appurtenances; flow measurements in sewers; sewer installations and testing;
- Hydraulics of sewer systems – quantities of wastewater flows, design of sewers, sewer materials, appurtenances and maintenance, alternative in wastewater collection systems;
- Urban runoff and road drainage design.
Examination 60%, written report 15%, written report 25%. To be eligible to obtain a pass in this unit, students must achieve an overall mark of at least 40% in the examination.
Unit Fee Information
Click on the fee link below which describes you: