SRR782 - Thesis Preparation
M Lozanovska, M Luther (Trimester 3)
1 x 2 hour lecture/seminar per week
Note:Online teaching methods require internet access. Please refer to the most current computer specifications.
This unit will help students to select a viable thesis topic and leads them towards research and the writing up of the thesis in the following trimester. Presentations and seminars form part of the unit learning. The presentations provide the grounding for research topic development, approach and methodology. The seminars function as a forum in which students can increase their knowledge of theoretical positions in architecture, construction and socio-economics, and identify interdisciplinary positions. The students discuss possible uses of these critical positions for their final thesis and design projects. A research report will provide a preliminary basis and is intended as an effective launch-pad for thesis and design work, as well as for life-long learning:
- To assist students in identifying and developing a thesis topic.
- To further an understanding of theory as well as its relationships to creative practices.
- To assist the student in finding theories pertinent to their projects.
- To enable students to form their positions in theoretical discourses by critically evaluating others.
- To examine various research methodologies and their relevance to their chosen topics.
Presentation and contributions to seminar discussions 30%, thesis and project proposal, as evident in the research report 70%
Unit Fee Information
|Student Contribution Rate*||Student Contribution Rate**||Student Contribution Rate***||Fee rate - Domestic Students||Fee rate - International students|
* Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2010
** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2009
*** Student contribution rate for Commonwealth Supported students who commenced studies from 2008
**** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2005
***** Fee rate for students who commenced studies from 2006
Please note: Unit fees listed do not apply to Deakin Prime students.