Decide which version of Career Mentoring is right for you.
What is Career Information Interviewing?
Career Information Interviewing is conducted if you are considering entering an occupation, but would like more information before making your final decision.
- To gain specific career insights
- Usually one contact with a mentor - aprox. 20 minutes
- Student interviews an experienced professional (Deakin Alumni member)
- Done over the phone or face to face
- Alumni = Interviewee
- Student = Interviewer
What is Career Mentoring?
Career Mentoring is a one-on-one relationship between yourself and an experienced professional who will act as your Adviser or Guide providing on-going support, encouragement, and advice in regards to your career development.
- To assist in career decision making and transition to the workplace
- Series of contact with the Mentor over 4 months
- Mutually agreed goals and actions between the student and the experienced professional
- Done via the phone, email and face to face
- Alumni = Mentor
- Student = Mentee
To find out more visit: