Your interview is over, and sadly you weren't offered a position. What do you do now?
- Contact the interviewer to ask for interview feedback. You can do this over the phone or by email.
Evaluate your own performance honestly
- Were you confident?
- How was your body language?
- Were there gaps in your skills, knowledge or experience?
- What did you do/answer well?
- What action can you take to improve your chances next time?
- Make a list of the questions you were asked particularly those you found difficult to answer. Note your responses then get feedback from a Career Counsellor.
Don't take rejection personally
- Being rejected can be an emotional experience. Don't take this personally. The employer makes their decision based on many factors.
- Stay positive. Consider it practice, learn and improve for future interviews.
If you do feel like you have been unfairly treated you can visit the Fair Work Ombudsman.