- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
5. The knowledge and skills gained from placement experience is invaluable - Emma McFarlane, Deakin University.
4. Try to gain some form of work experience within the field, whether it is voluntary or paid, prior to graduating to help build up networks - Millie Fleet, Deakin University.
3. Do lots of different kinds of study such as research proposals, reports, interviews as this shows the application of study skills to an employer - Rose Hays, Indigenous and Gender Office of Women.
2. Volunteer or work in a museum or cultural heritage institution at the same time as studying, it’s really important to apply what you learn - Shae Ann Trewin, Peabody Museum of Natural History.
1. If you don’t know, don’t be afraid to ask someone who does. You won’t get into trouble for asking a question, but you might get into trouble if you do something wrong because you were too shy to ask - Hannah Wright, Victorian Police.