Senior Marketing Coordinator - Melbourne Cricket Club
Bachelor of Applied Science majoring in human movement
Currently working for:
Melbourne Cricket Club
How long have you been working for this organisation?
Position title and short job description:
Senior Marketing Coordinator at the Melbourne Cricket Club.
- Management of our three brands Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) and National Sports Museum (NSM).
- Management and facilitation of venue access requests involving commercial filming and photo shoots.
- Management of our licensing and merchandising partner.
- Management, protection and exploitation of MCG intellectual property.
- Facilitation of marketing activities and activations.
Working highlight so far:
- Working as a ski instructor in Colorado, Canada and Victoria and having the alpine environment as my office!
- Working on the 3 dimensional Pepper’s Ghost hologram exhibits in the National Sports Museum at the MCG featuring James Hird and Shane Warne.
- Working at the last five ANZAC Day matches at the MCG when 90,000 plus people pay respect to those who sacrificed so much for our freedom. The silence is the definition of spine tingling and the atmosphere is incredibly emotional.
- Working during the 2008 Grand Final when the mighty Hawks won the premiership in front of 100,000 people!
- Working as an MCC volunteer during Sound Relief in March this year and being part of such a unique event.
What are the things you enjoy most about your job?
- Working in a fluid, dynamic and varied environment at a world class venue and as a result, exposure to a range of high profile domestic and international events.
- The opportunity to work with extremely experienced and knowledgeable people at the Melbourne Cricket Club, many of whom are leaders in the venue management industry as a whole.
- The interactive nature of my role requiring contact with industry peers, stakeholders and colleagues across the entire MCC.
- Being a part of the culture of the MCC with a high emphasis on teamwork, support and excellence
An area in which you have needed assistance:
Financial management within a corporate setting.
#1 tip for current students studying your course:
Network with teaching staff with regard to career prospects and get as much work experience as possible in the area in which you would like to build a career while you are studying.