- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
5. Network, Network, Network - it's all about who you know! - Bron Madigan, Event Dynamix.
4. Get a good understanding of how the industry works, and get in as much work experience as you can! - Chrystal Yam, Simplot Australia.
3. You get out of it what you put in. If you don't come out of this course with a certain career path you have to be prepared to get out there and make something of it - Danielle Grant, Reach Your Peak Personal Training.
2. Pursue volunteer roles and jobs that will help you to build your knowledge and skills whilst you're studying. It helps when you can see some of the concepts that you are studying being applied in the real world. Plus you have an advantage once you graduate in getting a job - Dr Elizabeth Bradshaw, Australian Catholic University.
1. Be passionate about food and dedicated to servicing consumers, be able to adapt to the evolving food industry – new technologies, consumer preferences and legislation - Simone Haack, International Flavors and Fragrances.