- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
5. Remember that all you are learning does have relevance and assists with position of understanding & practice; read as much as possible to broaden your perspective.
4. In the health science field I would encourage students to try a range of different work options and choose a field they are passionate about.
3. Start researching jobs you would like to do while you are still studying, and try to organise site visits or placements - Sarah Lausberg, RMIT University.
2. Make the most of networking opportunities and making contacts with people in the field. This will help with finding a job and keeping it, as ‘it’s not who you know’, ‘it’s who knows you’ - Andrea Hernan, Greater Green Triangle University Department of Rural Health.
1. Utilise your placements and volunteer opportunities. The more experience you get and the more opportunity to ask questions the better you will be able to confidently shape the field - Tania Morris, Annecto - the people network.